Google
 

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Saturday Commercial Break #1: Cocoa Krispies

Hey blogfriends! I'm starting a new weekly series today called Saturday Commercial Break.

Each Saturday I will highlight a classic TV commercial, transporting us all back to Saturday mornings filled with bowls of Super Sugar Crisp cereal, Hong Kong Phooey cartoons and Incredible Hulk pajamas. [ Insert your own cereal, cartoon and pajama type for the full effect! ]

As always, I welcome your comments and memories you wish to share.

[ These commercials will all be embedded from YouTube and should display if you've got Flash installed in your browser. Click the play button and ZING, off you go! ]

On with the show... this is it!


Saturday Commercial Break #1: Cocoa Krispies

Here's a commercial from the late 1970s featuring Tusk Tusk the elephant, trumpeting the wholesome goodness of Kellogg's Cocoa Krispies cereal. This was uploaded to YouTube by lloydbentman.

Enjoy the commercial break, and please post a comment with your Cocoa Krispies memories or your opinion of this commercial. Stay tuned for next week!



1 comment:

  1. Aw cool, love '70s commercials. I have a very faint memory of this particular commercial, but a very vivid memory of the image of the elephant tooting his trunk in mid-air. Weird how some things remain embedded in the head.

    Whenever I think of Cocoa Puffs I instantly remember the zany lil' bird "I'm Cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs!" I guess that's the '80s kid in me.

    Great post, thanks!

    ReplyDelete

[:::] Thanks for visiting my blog. Older articles can be found in my Blog Archive.