Google
 

Saturday, March 11, 2006

Baron Von Redberry Cereal


Here's the follow-up to the previous post. Baron Von Redberry was the counterpart to Sir Grapefellow -- dueling World War One ace pilots for General Mills in the early 1970s.

The great Baron was German. "Achtung!" he would say (German for "warning!"), and "I'm der berry goodest!", as an answer to Sir Grapefellow's "I'm the grapest!"

The box here is from 1972 and shows the mail-away poster offer, collect all four.

I don't remember eating Redberry cereal like I did Sir Grapefellow, but it appears to have been similar to Frankenberry.

See the Sir Grapefellow blog post for a list of premiums, which includes Baron Von Redberry.

If you know of other premiums, TV commercials, or have anything else to share, please post a reply. I want this to be an open forum for cereal fans to share information.

Here are some iron-on patches of the good Baron.




Lastly, here's a newspaper ad from 1973.

3 comments:

  1. I have been looking all over for proof that this cereal exist, no one belives me that i ate it when i was a kid... thanks.. Mr. Bill

    ReplyDelete
  2. i certainly remember these guys,man,did they just crack me up! wish Big G would put these Intrepid Aviators back on the store shelves again...! AC,Captain,COAir

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use to have the balsa wood airplane you could get back then.

    ReplyDelete

[:::] Thanks for visiting my blog. Older articles can be found in my Blog Archive.